“I think I Want a Shiba Inu”
I’m the first to admit that emotion drives my decision making. Fortunately, I’ve learned to let logic have a say.
It’s easy to fall in love with a bent eared, fluffy, adorable Shiba puppy. They will steal your heart!
How will you know a Shiba Inu is right for you, or you and your family?
Please research the breed. The Internet has an abundance of resources and you can find e-books and books through online sales sites (Amazon). Spend the time and a little money buying books and learning as much as you can about Shibas.
TIP: Something to think about…
- If you’re a first time dog owner, a Shiba Inu may not (or may) be the breed for you. Shibas have unique, strong personalities; they are brave, bold, good natured, and very spirited. Talk to Shiba breeders, Shiba owners, and try to find a local dog show where more than one Shiba is entered. I’m not trying to discourage you — just keeping it real.
OK! You want to research the breed! Here are a few places to start:
- National Shiba Club of America: About the Shiba
- American Kennel Club Shiba Inu information
- dogtime.com: Find Your Wag: Shiba Inu
- Shiba Shake: Dog Tips, Care & Training (Tag was 16 when I brought Kishi home so I used this site as a refresher.)
There are plenty of Shiba Inu Rescue sites and dogs that need homes. An adult Shiba may be a great choice for you!